Travis Tormey, founding partner of the Tormey Law Firm, is a skilled criminal defense lawyer who frequently represents Seton Hall and Rutgers students facing criminal charges, DWI charges, and traffic tickets. Travis attended Rutgers for undergrad and graduated summa cum laude. Travis then went on to get his J.D. from Seton Hall Law School, where he graduated cum laude. He remains actively involved with both universities and the surrounding communities.
Travis Tormey Defends Rutgers and Seton Hall Students against Criminal Charges
The main campus of Rutgers is located in New Brunswick, NJ. Rutgers University also has campuses in Newark and Camden. Meanwhile, Seton Hall’s main campus is located in East Orange, while the Seton Hall Law School campus is in Newark, NJ. Travis J. Tormey has successfully represented Rutgers students and Seton Hall students facing all kinds of criminal charges, including drug offenses like simple possession of marijuana, assault offenses like simple assault, theft offenses like shoplifting, and threat crimes like harassment. Travis also represents college students and other young people who have been cited for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) and Driving Under the Influence (DUI) in New Brunswick, East Orange, or anywhere else in New Jersey.
Mr. Tormey has unmatched credentials as a New Jersey criminal defense attorney:
- Travis has represented countless clients facing criminal charges in superior courts and municipal courts throughout NJ.
- Travis worked for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey in the sex crimes, white collar crimes, and gang task force units.
- Before founding the Tormey Law Firm, Travis worked for two of the largest criminal defense law firms in New Jersey.
- Travis is uniquely capable of fighting DWI and DUI charges in NJ. He is a certified operator of the Alcotest 7110 breathalyzer device, making him one of only a handful of NJ lawyers to be certified in the operation and maintenance of the state’s official breath-testing machine.
- Travis’ legal expertise has been recognized by numerous media outlets, including the Asbury Park Press, the Bergen Record, and the Daily Record – all of which featured Travis in articles on criminal charges in New Jersey.
- Travis has been named one of the Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys Under 40 in New Jersey by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys. He has also been named one of the Top 40 Attorneys Under 40 in the Nation by the National Trial Lawyers Association.
Tormey Law Firm Fights Criminal Charges in Bergen County NJ
Travis Tormey appears regularly in Bergen County courtrooms. He understands the inner workings of the Bergen County legal system and, as a result, has enjoyed great success representing clients who have been charges with criminal offenses and DWI offenses.
Here are just a few of the recent cases that Travis has successfully handled:
- East Rutherford NJ Disorderly Conduct Charges Dropped
- Hackensack NJ Restraining Order Dismissed
- Paramus NJ Shoplifting Charges Dropped
- Travis Tormey Beats First Offense DWI Charges in Fort Lee
Travis J. Tormey is well known for his YouTube videos that provide valuable advice on how to beat criminal charges in New Jersey: